Citizenship by Birth – N600

US Citizenship through Birth (N-600)

The Certificate of Citizenship application N-600 is meant for a child born outside the United States to a biological or adoptive parent or parents that are U.S. citizens. This process takes approximately ten months but the exact processing time varies based on the speed of the USCIS office responsible for your application.

US citizenship

For those under 18, they are eligible to apply for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at a United States Consulate, which is less expensive and can be processed quicker depending on the United States Consulate appointment schedule.

In addition to other requirements such an application requires:

  • The applicant’s birth certificate or record
  • Evidence of the parent’s U.S. citizenship
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s birth certificate

If applicable, you may also be asked to provide:

  • Proof of either parent’s status as a U.S. national
  • Proof of required residence or physical presence in the United States for the U.S. citizen parent
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s marriage certificate
  • Proof of legitimation for children born out of wedlock
  • A copy of the full, final adoption decree (if relevant)

Pilkington team: A big thanks to all staff for the help and support during Donna’s application journey to Canadian citizenship. 

Al Fergusson

The firm was extremely helpful in all aspects. Definitely appreciated having experts guiding me and handling the application with all of the important details to get a successful result. Thanks again!

Cyril Maqsood

Lawyer Mr. Yosheel was highly recommended for the best global mobility immigration for Golden visas and offshore documents certification. We could not agree more!

Kharoud Manveer

Contact Us Today for Help With Your Case

With offices in four countries for businesses and individuals seeking solutions to their immigration needs to the United States or Canada, the team at Pilkington Immigration has the expertise and ability to find global solutions to local needs.

Call us today at 844-728-1012 or Request an Appointment for a free five-minute consultation.